The Aspire building, honoured with a blue heritage plaque - is rich with historic interest and stands where the original Leeds General Infirmary was built in 1771. Demolition of the infirmary occurred in 1893.
The original head office for the Yorkshire Penny Bank was then built on the site, a Victorian building which opened in 1894, designed by GB. Bulmer. just before the Boer War (1899 - 1902).
Aspire was privately acquired and lovingly restored to it’s former beauty in 2007, Rich with historic interest and architectural features while sympathetically and successfully combining all the modern day facilities this prestigious building now plays host to Leeds premier events space.